Friday, March 14, 2008

Matchbox Twenty


Matchbox Twenty
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So finally to the headliners of the fabulous show a couple weeks ago. I apologize it took me so long but I had a full plate last week and have been fairly busy this week.

Tonight is the Sara Bareilles show. I know its the Hotel Cafe Tour and I'm excited to see Ingrid Michaelson as well. Sara is also at Kidd Kraddick this morning and that should be fabulous. That's my new word apparently.

I've got the direct tv sxsw thing on and I just watched Sia's performance and she is also very fabulous. A little goofy but great none the less.

But skipping back to Matchbox Twenty. I shot first 3 then edited and transmitted out in the hallway where I could still hear and it was like hit after hit after hit. And Rob sounded great. I like the intro before the band comes out playing Johnny Cash. The production manager on that tour was SO nice. She came out and explained there is a light that is on and they are back lit for the first verse but then the lighting is great after that which is always nice to be informed. I thought it was cool that the screens above/behind them were mobile and switched positions. Fellow photogs if you get offered a chance to shoot this you should.

Here are some of the shots.
Matchbox Twenty Matchbox Twenty Matchbox Twenty Matchbox Twenty
Matchbox Twenty Matchbox Twenty Matchbox Twenty Matchbox Twenty
Matchbox Twenty Matchbox Twenty Matchbox Twenty

So I just thought of a kinda funny story. It's probably more funny to me because well I was there. But in High School I had a friend who went to a Matchbox Twenty show and she got a t-shirt and she would wear it on occasion. And a kid actually said to her "So you like Matchbox Twenty?" she looked at the kid and said "No I'm just wearing their Tshirt....." the kid looks at her and goes "Oh ok.."

Ok yeah so maybe that story was kinda lame but really who's that gullible?

Okay lots more stuff to come!

Have a great weekend yall! I will try and get some more stuff up. Definitely should have Jonas Brothers at Kidd Kraddick up! Hopefully Willie Nelson with the Symphony. And then Danity Kane at Kidd Kraddick!

Later!
Rach :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww Rob Thomas is so pretty! Nice :)