Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Jonas Brothers


The Jonas Brothers
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Well I got to shoot this show last Thursday and it went pretty well. There was a bit of confusion over where we could stand to shoot when I was shooting Rooney the opening act but it got cleared up by the time The Jonas Brothers hit the stage. I'm sure you can tell the difference in point of view between the two sets you'll see below.

I have been listening to Rooney since High School. I graduated in 2002 if anyone is curious. So that's just a while. I was surprised to hear they were opening for the Jonas Brothers cause the last time Rooney was at this venue it was with All American Rejects. But I was glad to get to see them again. They had a kinda short set sadly since I would have like to have heard some more of their newer stuff. I'm diggin Ned's haircut though.

So Headliners, The Jonas Brothers are really active on stage and that was great. The fans are loud though! Before the Jonas brothers even got onstage there was quite the sing along to Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" heck there was even some jumping. So I'm thinking a few of those kids had been to Kelly's show.

Shortly after that the Jonas Bro's came out and the lighting was really great. They had all these LED screens on their stage which is great. And I might get crucified for saying this but if you were ever into the pop boyband thing then you get it. I loved Hanson and NSync when I was these girls age. And I honestly think that they are the new Hanson. I can only hope that they in the future are able to keep a following like Hanson has and that they will grow musically like hanson did. So I do hope for good things from them because their music isnt bad, I'm not calling them like the Beatles or anything but it is way catchy. Hanson never put on a show like this though. It's kinda like NSync meets Hanson.

Onto the Photos!

Rooney:
Rooney Rooney Rooney Rooney

Jonas Brothers
The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers
The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers
The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers
The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers The Jonas Brothers

Ok so normally I dont post that many photos but I got some great shots at this show. I still have to edit Mute Math, Alanis Morisette, and Matchbox 20. Not to mention I also shot Jonas Brothers at Kidd Kraddick on Tuesday then Danity Kane there Thursday. Then this week I've had quite a few assignments. One was actually Willie Nelson with the Dallas Symphony. I also just shot Big Bad Voodoo Daddy with the Fort Worth Symphony. I'm shooting Randy Travis Saturday. And I'm not entirely sure what all I'm shooting next week. I am however shooting Matt Nathanson, Ryan Cabrera, Sara Bareilles and one other group at Kidd Kraddick. I have tickets to see Sara with the Hotel Cafe tour. I'm going to see about getting a photo pass lined up for that. I dont think we'll be covering it since our music critic is in Austin. So I'm on my own there.

Speaking of our music critic I love him! He let me listen to the new Dave Barnes cd and I'm even more excited for it. It's due out April 1st. And that's not a joke. It's got a couple new versions of old songs like Until You and On a Night Like This. And he added another verse to On a Night Like this. He's now on Razor and Tie records so this album should be distributed all over. And I'd like to see him do well. I'm sad and glad Sara is doing so well. It's kinda like ugh when you turn on the radio and hear love song every 5 minutes when it's a song you've been listening to since it was just a demo version on myspace in 2006. I do still hope she does well and will continue to be able to make awesome music cause she deserves it, she's worked her butt of for it.

Ok I'm going to stop my ramblings quite frankly and shut up and go to bed because tomorrow is going to be a long day! It's also daylights savings so we will be setting our clocks ahead an hour. So dont forget to set your clocks forward tomorrow night! Especially if you have to work!

Later :)
Rachel

No comments: