Friday, May 30, 2008

Miranda Lambert at Wolfdance


Miranda Lambert
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Miranda Lambert headlined Wolf Dance 2008 this year, and I actually didn't think we'd cover this since we just covered her a month ago. But to my surprised I got asked to cover it and my response was I'd love to.

The more I get to see and cover this girl the more I like her. She brings it with a ton of energy and rocks out. Last go round I got to watch more of the show. But since deadline was a bit tighter this go round and I had to walk like a billion blocks to get to it back and forth that ate up some time.

A really cool thing was that she changed up the set list from the last time I shot her. And this time I got to shoot for the first 3 not just first 2.

So the first three songs were

Guilty In Here
What About Georgia
New Strings

the rest of what I got to hear while I was packing up then treking back was.

Famous In A Small Town
Traveling Band
Easy From Now On

And the rest of the set list thanks the Miranda fans

Down
Take It Out on Me
Bring Me down
Down
Crazy Ex Girlfriend
Desperation
Me And Charlie
Cant be Bothered
Dry Town
Getting Ready
Gun Powder and Lead
Stay with Me
Kerosene

Ok Well here are some more shots from the show. Lighting was like really odd. They had spotters, but they had the spots turned down lower than they had the front stage lights. So When Ran was at the Microphone the front stage lights would blow out the shots. Then the second she'd move back from the mic would have to throw the shutter speed down a couple notches. I know this isn't a common deal with her its just a per event basis at radio shows and what not. The spotters should have cranked it up a little more though and toned down on the fronts.

Another random not is I love the shots with the green light behind her. I just like how they turned out.

Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert
Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert

Ok lastly congrats to Miranda on winning best album at the ACM's.

Ok that's all for now folks.

No comments: