Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gavin Degraw at Taste Addison


Gavin Degraw
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So the amazing Gavin Degraw played the Taste of Addison last friday. And I've seen him several times before and he always puts on a great show. Even at outdoor festivals he tries to make it intimate. Jumping off stage to touch everyone in the front row and run down the middle area that lead to where the soundboard was. So not only is he entertaining but incredibly talented. One heck of a singer songwriter. I just find myself enamored when I watch him. Plus his piano is now sparkly so my eyes are drawn in that direction!

Ok so I have to admit, I didnt think I was going to get to shoot this. I just lucked out majorly since I was there with the Kidd Kraddick folks to shoot Freddy's set. And I got lucky cause after that I had backstage access which isnt as glamorous as you'd think. But there was a VIP tent that had free drinks. Yay for free drinks!

So I shot the first two songs with the other photographer whom I've shot with on a few other occasions. And then I put my camera away and sat down on the grass infront of the barricade and watched his set. After a couple songs Kidd Kraddick and Carmen from I-Nine came down and sat behind me and were watching too. Carmen was grooving to "Cheated on Me."

I have to admit I was sad he didnt sing "She holds the Key" or "Untamed" and off the old album I would have liked to have heard "Meaning" since its my favorite track off that one.

Here is the set list to the best of my memory

Crush
Just Friends
Follow Through
Next to You
Chemical Party/Proud Mary
Cheated on Me
Cop Stop
We Belong Together
In Love With A Girl
Never the Same
Lets Get It On/Sexual Healing
I Have You to Thank
Nice to Meet You Anyway
I Dont Wanna Be

Encore:
Dancin' Shoes
Silver Bells (Yes the Christmas song, he did about 2 minutes of it)
Chariot

Here are some shots from it
Gavin Degraw Gavin Degraw Gavin Degraw Gavin Degraw
Gavin Degraw Gavin Degraw Gavin Degraw
Gavin Degraw Gavin Degraw Gavin Degraw


Ok well Dolly, Simple Plan, lots more to come.

Rachel

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ok now I'm sad that I had to miss this. Especially since he performed "Dancin' Shoes" and I LOVE that song!