Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Alicia Keys at Nokia Theatre


Alicia Keys
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So a week ago I got to shoot the Alicia Keys tour. And I have to say that the lighting was great. We were incredibly well informed before the show started. Which is always helpful to know what to expect. Shout out to the tour publicist. Ha. We got to shoot the first two. Both in which Alicia was up and dancing around for.

And frankly alot of critics keep busting her for that. But I think she just wants to get out from behind the piano for a few songs, and that should be Ok. Diversity in a show isn't a bad thing, and Alicia has already proven she is a talented musician behind the piano. To criticize Alicia for getting out from behind the piano is almost like criticizing Madonna for getting behind a guitar during her shows.

While out in the hall editing my shots I got to hear a good deal of the show and she sounded great. I caught myself singing along to some of the songs I knew.

Anyway here are some of the shots
Alicia Keys Alicia Keys Alicia Keys Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys Alicia Keys Alicia Keys

Ok well I should have Radiohead up sometime in the near future. I'm having Kidd Kraddick withdrawls. Not because they just havn't had any guests in like a week, just cause I haven't seen the wonderful folks that work there in like a week.

Ok that's all
Rachel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks