Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Shelby Lynne at The Granada


Shelby Lynne
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Shelby Lynne was at the Granada almost 2 weeks ago. And going in I didnt know who she was until later when I was editing my photos while she was mid set and she did "Gotta Get Back" and then I was like ohhhhhh.

She's out touring and promoting her newest album which I believe is all Dusty Springfield covers. Shelby seemed really down to earth and cool, signing things for people down in the front between songs. The Granada is cool though cause it isnt huge. It's not small but its not too big, still pretty intimate.

And I have to say lighting at the Granada is pretty descent. The only previous time I had shot there was for Cat Power and she had just come out of Rehab and it was like worse than shooting in a cave due to her set up. But for this the lighting was quite pleasant.

Outside before the show when I was walking around the building to the front, one of her crew was like "So the weather is supposed to get bad?" and I told him that I thought the worst of it would be south of Dallas. And it was. But then I was like "but then again I'm used to this weather." and He was like "I'm not!" But ironically since my car was with me in Dallas it didnt get hailed on which was nice since it hailed at my house which is south of Dallas. The rain in Dallas was apparently pretty crazy though, seeing as how water was coming in through the side doors of the venue. I snatched up my bag just in time before the water got to it. I had set it against the stage while I was shooting.

Anyway here are a few shots from the show
Shelby Lynne Shelby Lynne Shelby Lynne

Alright more Granada stuff coming up! Plus Kidd Kraddick stuff!

Rachel

No comments: