Sunday, April 20, 2008

Merle Haggard at Bass Hall


Merle Haggard
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So Merle Haggard was at Bass Hall and I got to shoot that. And everyone knows he's like huge country legend. I cant say I've ever been big into Merle but my grandma likes him. And my parents like him. And he actually seemed like a cool guy. I mean he was wearing blue shades. Another thing I noticed was there was a really young guy in his band so I wonder if that was a son or a grandson or something playing with him. Keeping it family is cool.

So I shot my three and they were decently long songs so that was nice surprise. And as I was packing up I got to hear him do a cover of Folsom Prison Blues. But speaking of song limit It's always good to have artist that still give you 3 songs opposed to 2 or 1. Some artist give you ridiculous things like 1 minute or 30 seconds others give you 2 and stick you way off to the side or the soundboard. If they are really mean they give you 30 seconds from the soundboard. That's just nuts. And for the record I loathe the soundboard. Its so detached and far back and difficult to get anything worth while and I want to make the artist look good, I'm not going to run something that looks bad. I dont want a bad photo associated with my name. Anyway off my random tangent.

But Merle was a good shoot. Here's a few shots.
Merle Haggard Merle Haggard Merle Haggard

Alright I have some Kidd Kraddick stuff coming up next.

Rachel

No comments: