Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Miranda Lambert


Miranda Lambert
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So on the 12th I got to shoot Miranda Lambert after the Horse Races. I was very excited I got assigned that. I shot the first two because that's what it said, but there honestly wasn't anyone enforcing it. I still dont like to push it so I only shot the first two and then I went over and stood by our reviewer and watched most of the show. Which is a bit of a rare occurrence for me. But Miranda went on so early it gave me plenty of time to get back to my house and make deadline.

She rocked by the way. Her vocals were consistent, she got the crowd into it telling them to "Shake what your momma gave ya!" During Gun Powder and Lead she was head banging around the stage. She seemed incredibly personable giving her intro to her song "Dry Town" explaining how her town was a dry town and the closest liquor store was 30 miles away, she said the drive home was alot more fun than the drive there. At one point she sat down on the side of the stage for a song in the middle she got up and moved to the other side and sat down there. Getting up close and personal with the audience. Something else I noticed was that she handed this little girl right up against the stage one of her guitar picks. She seems incredibly down to earth and Texan and honestly reminds me of my friend Becky. Also I just want to say that Miranda's band also rocked, I'm pretty sure they were all from Texas which is very cool and I think she said her bass player was from Joshua. He had this crazy mohawk but it was awesome.

If you have the opportunity to go see Miranda I suggest it. I wish I could have shot the whole show because she was rocking out a few times. Plus in the first two she didnt have her guitar on. I'm not sure she even used her Pink guitar I had to leave before the last song. But that thing would look great in photos.

Also lastly I just wanted to bring attention to her charity Cause for the Paws. They just did a charity event for it with auctions and such. I'm not sure if its going to be an ongoing thing but it's worth keeping an eye out for. Cause animals need help too.

But here are some photos from the show!
Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert
Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert
Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert


Ok that's all for now yall

Rachel

1 comment:

okmoms said...

I love Miranda and hope to see her perform one day.
Pictures are awesome as usual. I like the insight you give to whoever you're taking photo's of.