Friday, April 18, 2008

Chevy Thunder


Blake Shelton
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Blake Shelton and Montgomery Gentry played the Chevy Thunder Concert this year during Race Weekend. It's an annual thing. Personally I prefer Blake over Montgomery but Montgomery were more active about the stage.

Blake is a one man show I mean with the exception of his band but he isnt like part of a duo. He played off the fact it was race weekend and made some alcohol jokes. At one point he picked up a cup which he thought had beer in it. But it didnt, I imagine it had some sort of mixed drink. He claimed it was still good and took another sip of it setting it back where he found it.

I have to say the folks running the show were nice to deal with. I was sunburned beyond belief from being out at the Motor Speedway, so I just hung out in the Catering tent and edited my pictures between sets. (The sunburn which I obviously upset by shooting photos with it, made my eye swell up and almost closed by monday but then it went down. Sun poisoning is not your friend kids.)

Anyway not a bad way to spend a Saturday evening. Here's some photos. Blake went on around 7 so there was still sunlight. Gentry went on at 9 so the sun had long gone by then.

Blake Shelton
Blake Shelton Blake Shelton Blake Shelton
Blake Shelton Blake Shelton Blake Shelton Blake Shelton

Montgomery Gentry
Montgomery Gentry Montgomery Gentry Montgomery Gentry
Montgomery Gentry Montgomery Gentry Montgomery Gentry

Alright I have a ton I'm trying to get through and edit. I apologize that its taking so long. I'm pretty much 2 weeks behind but I've been busy I promise!

Later
Rachel

No comments: