Friday, October 26, 2007

Sara Bareilles


Sara Bareilles
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So last night I went to see Sara Bareilles open up for Paolo Nuntini. And I just have to say she never disappoints. I wish for once I'd get to see just a Sara show because 8 or so songs does not seem like enough!

Her amazing manager Chad left a photo pass at will call for me. So thank you Chad again for the billionth time.
The first three songs were Vegas, Morningside, and Bottle It Up. The first two I hadnt heard live before so I was happy I got to be up there shooting those. After my songs I went off and stood at the edge of the stage infront of the barricade and watched the rest of her set. The vocals were so on. And hearing everything with a full band was so weird a good weird, but weird, because I'm used to it being just Sara and Javier. I am more than ready for her to come back soon and do her own show!

It seemed like everyone went out to go meet her. She even sold out of the Pink Love Song shirts.

So I just sat down and waited then went over and said hi. And right here is why I love the girl to death. She goes "Rachel how are you! and hugs me right off the bat. And we talk for a minute and I tell her that she's all famous now and that I will be the in studio photographer for her tomorrow at Kidd Kraddick. And she gets excited and she was genuinely happy for me that I'm shooting for them and freelancing for the paper. Hell she was more happy for me than I think some of my friends have been! We chatted a little more. Showed her my business cards which she thought were amazing. Talked about how the mixes on Careful Confessions of the songs that made the new album, were better than on Little Voice because I'm lame and like the stripped down versions of stuff. And then she went to go watch the show and I left because I had to be at Kidd Kraddick and stuff in the morning and would just see her there. And I dont know who all listened to that but I will give you a recap of that too when I post pictures from it.

But lets jump back to the house of blues show.
Unfortunately the lighting guy and or it may just be the lighting rig that points at the performer, at this particular house of blues blows all sorts of things. And the irony is they have spot lights they could use but god forbid they hire a dedicated spotter. I got some okay stuff but its challenging there. And it's not the lack of light its the light on top of them that blows out some features and then their eyes end up being dark and such. So it's really hard to compensate for the bright light and the no light on the performer at the same time. But! Here are some photos, I do what I can with what I'm given.

Sara Bareilles Sara Bareilles Sara Bareilles

Okay later this week I should definitely have the In Studio stuff up. And it's not just Sara Bareilles its also Pete and Andy from Fall Out Boy and Travis from Gym Class Heroes. And I've been asked to shoot Plain White Tee's up there tomorrow.

Everyone have a good night!
Rachel

No comments: