Monday, October 15, 2007

Live / Collective Soul / Emerson Hart


Live
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So! It's been about a couple weeks since I shot this for the Star-Telegram. It was Collective Soul, Live and Emerson Hart at Nokia Theatre. I kind of put off editing them for the blog since they didn't run a photo with the review. Which is weird but I guess they ran out of room on the page. I think it was when Mark Cuban first started Dancing With the Stars. So obviously Mark Cuban is going to get the picture being the owner of the Mavs. But I wanted to give a bit of a buffer of time before putting them up.

So the show wasnt too bad. I really enjoyed the opener Emerson Hart. He was the singer of the band Tonic. I do suggest checking him out if you get a chance. It's worth your time. Here's some pics from his set.
Emerson Hart Emerson Hart Emerson Hart Emerson Hart Emerson Hart

Collective Soul like I said they were alright. Not really something I frequent listening to. The fans seemed to enjoy it though.
Collective Soul Collective Soul Collective SoulCollective Soul

Live I thought was pretty good. I haven't honestly heard much of them. I seem to associate them with Chris Daughtry since he did their version of "I Walk the Line" on American Idol.
Live Live Live Live Live

So there is that finally! I have some shots from The Japanese Drummers I want to say they were called Yamato or Yamoto. That was interesting. I also shot the Fort Worth Symphony doing some John Williams stuff. And what does John Williams mean. Oh yes it means Star Wars. You knew it was coming, I am definitely putting some of those shots up. And trust me they arent your average symphony shots.

And last night I shot Diana Krall. I dont know if I want to put any of those up though mostly because we were in the sound booth and they are just kinda ok. I may post a couple but a person at the piano from far away becomes Redundant when you were shooting. There's a fun story to go with that though.

Also tonight I was supposed to shoot Annie Lennox. Did not get to since we were presented with a waiver. I do have a tid bit of highlight for me personally though. But I will save that story for a little later!

Night (or afternoon depending on when you're reading this)
Rachel

No comments: