Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fairtastic!


Kellie Pickler
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Last weekend I shot Kellie Pickler and Rodney Atkins at the fair. Pickler was pretty entertaining. A cool thing (and hilarious at the same time) she did was signed autographs from the stage for like a good 10 minutes after he last song, all while the stage manager tried to get her off the stage. She ended up recruiting him to help her by holding tshirts that were being thrown. Those tshirts being thrown up to get signed, were funny because she was trying to dodge getting hit in the face with them. That's grade A entertainment by itself!

Anyway here are some shots.
Kellie Pickler Kellie Pickler Kellie Pickler Kellie Pickler

Rodney Atkins
Rodney Atkins Rodney Atkins Rodney Atkins

Ok so there's that. This weekend at the fair is Jessica Simpson and Michelle Branch. I also believe its the last weekend so my DFW folks! You should make it out there if you get the chance. Also last time I was there the DAR house had bottles of water and canned soda for $1.00 and then the building with the borden stuff in it has Tea, Milk, and Juice for $1.00 as well.

In other randomness Indiana Jones comes out today! Jon McLaughlins newest cd came out last week. It's worth picking up. Beating my Heart is growing on me, but i still feel like the first 3 tracks are the weakest lyrically on the album and it gets soooooo much better after that. I saw a more stripped down version of Beating My Heart and like it so much more than the album version.

Lots of good music is coming out this month. Ingrid Michaelsons new one drops this week, and I think the Hotel Cafe Tour (she's on it) is here this week as well.

Ok I'm gonna stop rambling on but I do want to say I just read this article about how the 3 song limit is ruining the art of music photography. And how many iconic images were shot during the last 3 songs of bands sets.

Alright! Seriously I'm done for real this time!

Later Yall,
Rachel

No comments: