Monday, June 30, 2008

The Toadies


The Toadies
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
The Toadies were at the Ridglea last weekend and I got to shoot that. I wanted to shoot Rascal Flatts, but we didn't cover it, and I like the Toadies too so I wasn't torn up over it or anything.

So the Toadies are back together and have several shows around the US coming up and they just booked another DFW show in August I think. All of it is to promote their upcoming album. It's good to see the Toadies back and touring, doing more than just local radio shows and the St Patricks day gig.

So the Ridglea show sold out in 45 minutes and frankly I've never seen the Ridglea packed that tight. I had a hard time getting to the photo pit, thank god there was a photo pit, that show would have been nuts without one due to crowd surfers and what not. Plus it just makes my life easier when there is one.

So when I got there I found out they weren't going on till 10:30.. naturally when my deadline was and when I was supposed to be shooting another assignment. Long story short I stayed at the Toadies shot my 3 songs and hauled butt over to the offices to edit and transfer and they sent a staffer over to the other assignment.

Right before the Toadies came out the crowd started chanting and cheers erupted when they stepped on stage. I honestly do not remember what the first two songs were because that was a bit of a blur of me trying to figure out the lighting because it's not the worst at the Ridglea but it isn't the best either. So finding the balance is tricky. I do know the third song was "I Come From the Water" and I sang along as I shot. Then after that hauled it out of there as quick as possible cutting out the back door.

Anyway here are some of the shots!

The Toadies The Toadies The Toadies The Toadies
The ToadiesThe Toadies The Toadies
The Toadies The Toadies

Ok I have Colby O'Donis at Kidd Kraddick and then Hootie and the Blowfish. And Thursday I will be shooting Warped Tour. So I'll do my best to try and keep up but I make no promises.

Rachel

No comments: