Monday, August 6, 2007

Ozzfest 2007


Static X
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Well I shot Ozzfest Thursday. And if you know me you know it totally isn't my crowd. So I don't want to even pretend I could give any sort of critique. I just don't get the heavy screaming where you cant understand what they're saying. If you like that sort of thing then that's great. To each their own. Rock out. Try not to kick me in the head when you crowd surf to the front and security pulls you over the barricades is all I ask. (And I almost got landed on in the photo pit security at Smirnoff are awesome. He pushed me back and moved behind me real fast. So giving props to the security guys.)

Static-X as pictured as my main photo were there to play music not put on a pyrotechnics show (See Lordi in the next paragraph) and that's cool. I think they were the most tame of the three bands on the mainstage before Ozzy was on. And they aren't really that tame. But atleast I can understand the words coming out of Wayne Static's mouth.

Static X Static X Static X Static X
More at the flickr.

I know I said I couldn't really be a critic but I will say this though. What the heck was with all the pyro technics and gags with the band Lordi? I mean seriously? Sparks flying off every two seconds out of umbrellas, drumsticks, micraphone stands, cannons, you name it. You're supposed to be a metal rock band. And Kiss has already been there and done that.
Lordi Lordi

The last band on before Ozzy was Lamb of God. But they pumped the stage soo full of smoke and didnt use the spotlights enough for me to get any real descent shots. The only real shot I got was of the singer flipping off the crowd and I'm going to spare everyone from that.


Well lastly I shot Marc Cohn tonight. He's the guy who wrote the song "Walking in Memphis" And if you don't know that song... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! It's an awesome song. The country band Lonestar covered it. Dave Barnes does a great cover of it.

But I will have those Marc pictures up soon. If you're in the DFW area it will be in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. So pick it up and check out the Live Section. It tends to be the last page of section B.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey if you can, can you send me the picture you did get of Lamb of God so I can show Eric. It's one of his favorite bands.