Thursday, December 3, 2009

M is for Miranda Lambert & Metallica


Miranda Lambert
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Nobody hair whips quite like Miranda Lambert. I was lucky enough to get to shoot this Texas talent again in October. Yeah I know it's December and I'm just now blogging it.. I'm horrible. Miranda put on a fantastic set, featuring several songs off her latest release Revolution. She also mixed a little Kings of Leon into one of them.

Miranda is one of those artist who I never get tired of photographing. I don't think her mom ever gets tired of watching her either because I stayed and watched the rest of the performance and her mom was jammin' out near us. I think she's her daughters biggest fan.

Anyway here are some shots from the performance
Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert Miranda Lambert

Earlier in October I also got to shoot Metallica. It's the first show that I've shot with a square stage in the round where we were given freedom to move around the entire thing. However the band seemed to be pretty active to the west side of the stage so running around became almost pointless.. well unless you wanted to escape the horde of photographers shooting on that side. I guess they are liberal with passes cause that photo pit was packed.

None the less I got some pretty cool stuff. I think all the boys from my high school would be jealous I shot this one. Here are those shots.

Metallica Metallica Metallica

That's all for now!
Rachel

No comments: