Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gavin Degraw.. Yes Again


Gavin Degraw
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So in April I went to see/shoot Gavin Degraw again, this tour titled "Where It Began" was full of new material off his latest album "Free." It wasn't your traditional Gavin show, it was a more mellow stripped down show, and back to his old ways of having a different set list every night, which is awesome. There was no barricade it was up close and personal. Oh and also! He didn't wear his hat at first.. proving to the world he has hair! Sure I knew that already, but a lot of people didn't. Even Perez Hilton was amazed.

The show picked up energy at the end though. Gavin rocking out on the piano as usual. So all in all a great show yet again. Sure this is a biased opinion because he's one of my favorites, but the guy's got soul. I'm crossing my fingers for the day he'll cover "Let's Get It On" again and get up and do the splits then sing you give me good feelings without a microphone like he did the first time I saw him.

Here's a few shots. Lots more on my flickr! Go check them out. :)
Gavin Degraw Gavin Degraw Gavin Degraw

I've got some Forever the Sickest Kids on the way! I'm hoping to shoot No Doubt on Saturday! Crossing my fingers for that one! So excited they're back.

Rachel

No comments: