Monday, September 3, 2007

Def Leppard... rant.


Well.. a picture of the crowd from the photographer pit atleast..... sorry to disappoint. Well I guess it's not so much my fault as it is the bands or manager or whoever was responsible.

I had to sign a ridiculous release that said I couldn't even so much as put the photo's I took in my portfolio .......................................................................

To me that is just to a point of ridiculous. Because what right does a band or their manager whoever is responsible for that form, have to put a photographer in a position where they cant show someone a photo in their portfolio as an example to get hired for a possible job shooting? Are you serious? Is that really using the band for my own personal gain? Not to the level they seem to think. It's more an example of my artistic ability. But hey Def Leppard it's cool you guys can take all the credit for making me a great photographer by standing on the stage and performing.

Def Leppard on stage is why my pictures are good. It apparently has NOTHING to do with my own talent.

There has to be some kind of photographers rights against things like that.

So I just want to say thanks Def Leppard for letting me keep the copyright to my pictures but not letting me even put them in my blog to show people because that's kinda like a portfolio right?? Publicity in a blog.. wow that would suck right?

I might have actually even said something nice too because who doesn't sing along to pour some sugar on me?

No comments: