Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Martina McBride


Martina McBride
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So I shot Martina last week. It went alright. I seriously need to invest in a better long lens. I want the 70-300 IS lens from canon. Because the one I'm using now is a friends and its the one that comes with the kit. But the most important thing is. It doesnt have IS which is pretty much something you really really want to have when shooting concerts.

We had to shoot from the side. If it's not obvious in the photo's. But that's better than from the sound board. I dont get the whole my video camera guys are so self absorbed that they cant have anyone else directly down infront of the stage. Because they cant handle it for not 3 but 2 songs. It was a two song shoot but once again that's fine. Atleast it wasnt like Ne-yo was and all suprise the third song is a half a song. No it was two full songs.

But back to the lens thing. I got a few descent shots off my lens. Then for the last minute or so of the last song Jason Janik the freelancer for the Dallas Morning News let me use his L Series lens. HUGE lens. Nice lens. Jason's a very cool guy. Someone I do not mind being in the photo pit with. And he probably doesnt mind being in there with me because he's taller and can shoot right over my head.

Here are some of the pictures.
Martina McBride Martina McBride Martina McBride Martina McBride


The guy at Nokia who handles all the photographers and media he was a very nice guy too. He looked like someone but I totally cant place it at the moment.

I dont have any assignments this week yet. I wouldnt mind shooting Pat Benetar at the HOB. Heck I'll take anything though. I'm really hoping I get Rascal Flatts next week. Everyone cross their fingers for me?

TTFN
Rachel

No comments: