Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jordin Sparks at Kidd Kraddick & Jonas Brothers Opening Night


Jordin Sparks
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Mid June we had Jordin Sparks and Jessie James in studio again at kidd kraddick. Both girls were performing with the Jonas Brothers at Texas Stadium that weekend. Jordin was there to promote her cd that just came out yesterday and Jessie will have her debut cd out later this year. However since the last time she was in studio her single Wanted has definitely picked up in rotation. Here's a couple shots from that week!

Jordin
Jordin Sparks Jordin Sparks Jordin Sparks

Jessie
Jessie James Jessie James

I even shot the Jonas Brother show, but I'm not sure that I'm able to post the photos here. Sorry to the Jonas fans. HOWEVER you can go here to see them www.dfw.com/124/gallery/143864.html
Once again sorry the quality is a bit distorted compared to what I usually post, I dont know why they end up like that when they put them in the slideshow. Oh and some of the shots in the slideshow were shot by the reviewer after the first 3 we photographers were allowed. Just a heads up.

For any fellow photographers shooting the Jonas Brothers show for a daily or what not, lighting is good. First song we shot from the sound board. However because there was a crane blocking some of our shots we were taken to the front of the stage to shoot the 2nd and 3rd songs. HOWEVER the first song is the only song you will be able to get a shot of all three brothers together and its not an easy feat to get them all facing you, but its your best chance. I shot the first song with a 300 and then you'll need a 24-70 and a 70-200 for the 2nd and 3rd songs. It's in the round and the middle of the stage spins in a circle. The show I shot was the first night of the tour. I'm not sure if its still the same set up for shooters or not. But there's really no great advice to give other than good luck.

Sorry I haven't posted an entry in a bit. I've been tied up editing some shots from Warped Tour, and I shot Aerosmith Sunday. I do have photos coming soon from the Reebok Heroes Celebrity Baseball game. Lots of good stuff Warren Sapp + Joey Fatone = Gold.

And lastly I'm always looking for shoots if anyone in the Dallas area needs photos or if bands need promotional images. Rates are generally negotiable. Just letting yall know.

Later yall!
Rachel