Thursday, January 22, 2009

November Part 3: Usher, Coldplay, and Graham Colton


Usher
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Ok this will be my final installment for November. Then we can move to December which will be all Kidd Kraddick stuff because that's pretty much all I shot that month.. plus a couple symphony related things.. well and kids with Santa at a daycare for the owner whom I know.. exciting huh?

So the end of November I shot Usher for Sony Ericcson. That was cool being there for the tour sponsor. I shot the meet and greet as well as the performance, so we set up while soundcheck was going on so after I got done moving lights I just set my stuff down and watched the rest of soundcheck.

Usher had these catwalks that made it near impossible to get into the front barricade thanks to having to walk through the crowd. Fortunately the fans were nice and let me through. Lighting was great. It was pretty much one song, they said first 2 but I wouldnt count the first songs as an entire song since he wasn't on stage for most of it, however the second song love in this club had this entire dance break added into it. Here are some shots.

Usher Usher Usher Usher

Next I got to shoot Coldplay! What did I learn from this experience.. well that Chris Martin loves to run around onstage like a lunatic, it was great. I also think that next time Coldplay comes to town I should get a ticket and go because what I got to hear from the concourse while editing photos was great. Here are a few from that

Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay

And lastly I shot Graham Colton at the House of Blues Pontiac Garage. It was an acoustic gig with Michael Tolcher, Bryan Greenberg, and Tim Brantley. It was great as usual, Graham did a lot of older material and some cool covers with the other acts, even a version of "Dancing in the Dark"

Graham Colton Graham Colton Graham Colton Colton, Tolcher, Greenberg

Ok that's all for now! Yay november is done! I will have all the Kidd Kraddick stuff soon! Then a couple gigs from this month that I shot. :)

Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.