Tuesday, January 6, 2009

November Part 2: Kelly Clarkson & Reba McEntire, Amy Grant, and the Latin Grammys

So I wasn't joking when I said I was busy in November!

In a span of 3 days I was in Houston for the Latin Grammys, back in Fort Worth the next day shooting Amy Grant, and then off to Little Rock for Kelly & Reba. Talk about exhausted after that!

So we'll start with Kelly and Reba since it's the main thing pictured. Yes I'm playing favorites. The show was amazing, I'd say even better than the show in Bossier City. Not to mention the addition of Stuff Like That There was a great. Kelly hadn't done that song in a long time. We had a blast, and stayed at the Peabody and watched the ducks march on the carpet the next morning.

Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire Kelly Clarkson w/Carmella Ramsey Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire
Kelly Clarkson Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire Melissa, Reba, Kelly
Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire Kelly Clarkson Reba McEntire

So the night before that I shot Amy Grant performing an entire set of her older material at the Fort Worth Convention Center. Her stage set up and lights were way better than I was expecting. It was a pretty good shoot.

Amy Grant Amy Grant Amy Grant

And the night before that I was in Houston shooting the Latin Grammys. It was my first award show, red carpet experience. It was probably the worst night ever for my flash to be moody and it was. When we got into the Media room where they pose with the awards it was all good because I just set it to manual and bounced the flash. It was a good learning experience. Here are some shots.

Latin Grammys 08 Latin Grammys 08 Latin Grammys 08 Latin Grammys 08
Latin Grammys 08 Latin Grammys 08

Ok so part 3 to come with Coldplay, Graham Colton, and Usher.

I hope everyone's year is going well so far!

Later
Rachel

No comments: