Monday, November 10, 2008

Sara Bareilles


Sara Bareilles
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Ok once again I'm overdue a blog! Sara Bareilles was here the night after Gavin Degraw. That was a heck of a week man. She had Marc Broussard with her, which was odd in a full circle sort of way. The first time I got to see Sara was when she opened for Marc at the Gypsy Tea Room in 2006. I was singing along to love song, back when its demo version was only existent on her myspace page. And she got way excited I knew the words and told the Audience she wanted to sprinkle some fairy dust and fly around the room. Good times.

I have to admit its odd seeing her with the LED lights and disco ball and production. She has her own photo pass.. it wasnt the generic house of blues pass. It's all exciting. I do miss the more stripped down stuff back when it was her, Javier, and Josh on his drum box. I'm happy she's doing well though because it means she can continue to make music and not be just scraping by.

My favorite moment was FINALLY getting to hear Between the Lines, live and in person. My only complaint about the entire show was the really tone deaf drunks next to us screaming the words to songs like City.. and Gravity.. I mean seriously? P.I. is not attractive if you're obnoxious.

Here are some shots!
Sara Bareilles Sara Bareilles

Broussard
Marc Broussard Marc Broussard

Ok a bunch more to come. But I make no promises. I have to go to houston thursday and little rock saturday! I got to shoot Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton this past weekend. That was exciting and I didn't think we would cover it since we've covered her twice this year already at the paper. It was awesome and I will tell yall more in a couple weeks when I can post the pictures! ;-P

No comments: