Monday, August 11, 2008

Paisley Party Tour


Brad Paisley
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Well last Saturday I got to shoot this show. And while I'm not huge on Brad I do like him. His songs are amusing and the dude puts on a big show. There aren't too many gimmicks but entertaining videos on the screen and an amazing stage with lights out the wazoo. As a photographer I like that sort of thing because it adds alot of color to the shots you take. Plus in the audience its just visually stimulating.

Dont get me wrong I am all for an artist being amazing just by themselves. But a cool stage is always a nice addition to the talent. But Brad is definitely sick on guitar and a great songwriter and all. Plus he's all about having the audience close and entertaining them. He should be giving Chesney a run for his money on Entertainer of the year.

And I have to say this. The fans down in front were way nice and understanding about letting me in front of them for the first 3 songs to shoot (there was no barricade/photo pit) and this is a major trend I've noticed at country shows. They are exceptionally nice about it in every instance I've encountered at the shows with no barricade. At most shows no matter what genre people are incredibly reasonable if you explain to them you'll only be there for the first three to get your shots then you'll be out of the way. But I definitely have to compliment the country music crowd for being extra nice about it!

So originally for this show everyone had different song limits for shooting but when I got to the venue they had just gone ahead and said first three for everyone. Which was fine by me. The main reason the song limits were so odd was because on the songs you weren't able to shoot the artist tended to be down at the end of the catwalk. So it was understandable. But thanks to them dropping that limit I got this cool shot of Paisley you see here. Which was shot blindly because frankly I'm not that tall so I held my camera up and hoped to get something. So yay!

Anyway here are some shots of Brad Paisley, Jewel, Chuck Wicks, and Julianna Hough!

Brad
Brad Paisley Brad Paisley Brad Paisley
Brad Paisley Brad Paisley Brad Paisley

Jewel
Jewel Jewel Jewel Jewel

Chuck
Chuck Wicks Chuck Wicks Chuck Wicks Chuck Wicks

Julianna
Julianna Hough Julianna Hough Julianna Hough

I shot Weird Al on wednesday so as soon as I get done editing those I'll have them up! :) Also Kevin Michael and Ice Cube from Kidd Kraddick!

Rachel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi.

I have a blog called Definition of a Man. I would love to use your pix (full-sized, preferably) of Chuck Wicks on my blog. Credit will be given, of course.

Thanks for your time.