Sunday, December 30, 2007

End of the Year!



So tomorrow is New Years Eve. I am ready for 2008. 2007 was great so I'm ready for the trainwreck that 2008 will be because I figure that's how it works right?

Probably the best thing to happen was getting on the Freelancer list with the Star-Telegram. I've gotten to shoot some amazing shows this year and can not wait to see what is in store for next year.

I shot Van Morrison last night but I'm not really all that happy with the photos. Yeah I'm hard on myself. There was no spotlight. He wears this big hat that shades 80 percent of his face most the time. Frankly the photos on Getty aren't any better. So I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I did what I could. I even walked around and switched sides before the 3rd song to see if i could get anything better. Oh well. Cant cry over it. My horoscope that day said "Be satisfied with what you have" so I guess I will just try and do that. I guess in the grand perspective the Cat Power photos might just have been worse. At least with her I could work with the equal dispersion of bad lighting. And Vans wasn't bad it was just badly placed on him. The Guitarist behind him is exposed alright in a couple of them. Granted he's out of focus cause of depth of field. Oh Well they ran one of them so that's that.

So here's to hoping for descent lighting at the shows next year!

Later Yall
Rachel

No comments: