Thursday, November 22, 2007

Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana


Miley Cyrus
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So I shot Miley last week. And it was a little annoying they made me sit thru the Jonas Brothers who arent that bad. Atleast they are high energy. But then I had to sit thru the Hannah set. And I'm not an avid Hannah Montana fan. I have seen the show. I get that its disney and it's great for younger kids. It's a show parents can let their kids watch. But this was just madness. Some parents paid thousands for tickets. That is insanity.

WARNING SEMI OFF TOPIC RANT:
Of course they put the photographers at the soundboard. Which is a real jerk thing to do. Publicist obviously need to walk a day in my shoes. Cause they just dont get it. There was a recent article in the New York Times about how photographers are getting less time to shoot. And frankly it's getting to a point of ridiculous. Artist that allow 30 seconds. You've got to be kidding. It isnt even worth shooting. Your publicist is screwing us. I think that the media should start screwing the artist back in return. Heck at this rate, the photographers should send in pictures for them to run with the musicians making messed up faces, when they only give us 30 seconds.

Generally it tends to be first 3 songs. And that its a descent amount of time. What sucks about that is the artist gets more into it towards the end of the show. That's when you'd get some of the best pictures. But seeing as how I'm shooting mostly overnights for a daily editorial 3 songs is all I really have time for. But 2nd day reviews it would be cool to get to shoot more than 3 songs.

But to publicists that think you can get off a good shot in 30 seconds. Here I will lend you my camera. You go try and get something good and usable not just usable and then come back and tell me 30 seconds is enough. Or even better 30 seconds from the soundboard! It doesnt happen. I get your trying to protect your clients image. We can not help if you represent someone that is notorious for falling down stairs. Or is overly worried about how they look for no reason!

And to the artist that screw us by using crappy light or no light. Then crank it up after the 3rd songs. Well I guess you just want to look like crap in the paper now dont you.

YAY BACK ON TOPIC!:
Anyway Miley gave us 2 songs. Fair enough. But screwed us by putting us at the soundboard. I would have sacraficed the 2nd song to be able to shoot up close.
Well needless to say the parents that spent outrageous amounts let the kids stand on their chairs. And this meant I had to stand on a chair to shoot over them. Well right before the Miley set I got up on the chair to figure out a good vantage point. And yep. You guessed it. Stepped off wrong. The chair folded up with my leg in it. And I fell forward. The nice sound guy (from Firehouse I believe was the name of the company) tried to catch me. He really just softened the blow. And I rolled over in defeat (yes the 8 year olds defeated me) and laughed it off. So I shot my 2 songs after that. And here's the best of the bunch.

Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus

I have some smashing pumpkins pics coming soon. But tomorrow is the Kelly Clarkson concert. Obviously I will be distracted very much so.

Happy Thanksgiving
Rachel

1 comment:

okmoms said...

OH I feel for ya. Falling off the chair? You should get hazardous pay.