Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bahamas pt 1


Atlantis Resort
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
Ok so last month I got to go the the fantastic Atlantis in the Bahamas for the Pop Rocks Atlantis event.. It was gorgeous. I just wish I had done alot more touristy stuff, I was waking up so early that by mid day it was nap time for me, especially because of the late nights with the concerts and what not. I do think I need to learn to set the dang camera down every now and then though.

Though I do have to admit I walked onto the beach.. and remembered that I hate the sand. I also hate the sun because I burn easy, and lastly I hate to be wet... I'm probably the most pale person to return from the Bahamas. Now I know you're thinking the Bahamas is a horrible place for me to go. Well frankly I probably should have been wearing shorts and flip flops. So I guess the anger at the sand is my own fault. It was way pretty there though, the water was so clear. The weather was fantastic the entire time. I really loved the aquariums and marine life they had at the resort. I went through the predator tunnel and thought "Nsync totally stood here.." yeah I'm a loser.

It would have been cool to go snorkeling... and swallow my irrational fear of drowning (Cause I'm a totally fine swimmer). Maybe I should go see a therapist.. haha. Oh and I stumbled across the first ever Scuba Wedding at the resort. I thought that was pretty neat.

Here are some photos from around the resort.
Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

That last one is the scuba wedding with the giant manta ray swimming over them. I would totally go back in a heartbeat and try to be more beach friendly. My only warning to anyone going is that food is way expensive, but the food at the deli was almost reasonably priced.

Ok there's more to come, I have pictures from the morning interviews with the performers plus show photos! Sorry about the delay in getting these up. I keep saying sorry! I really am trying. But I'm also trying to be more rounded so I've been reading actual books and stuff lately. I figure learning big words from reading is beneficial.
I'm debating if I want to read the book "Into the Wild" sometime soon. Yes I've seen the movie, I was envious of the locations those photographers got to shoot on.

Ok so till next time!
Rachel

No comments: