Sunday, July 27, 2008

K104 Summer Jam w/Lil Wayne and more


Lil Wayne
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So a couple weeks ago I shot a few of the acts at the K104 Summer Jam at Nokia Theatre. It was headlined by Lil Wayne, but there were several acts. The only person who had a set longer than 30 minutes was Lil Wayne though. Surprisingly it ran pretty much on time. Lil Wayne only went on about 20 minutes late or so and for a show with that many hip hop and rap artist that was impressive. Kudos to the stage manager for keeping things rolling so smoothly.

Things in the audience however were not as smooth. I dont know if i've seen that many people get pulled for fighting or other things at a rock show even. Sitting in the hall editing you get to see all these people get pulled out and what not. One girl hit some guy in the face with her shoe. That was probably the worst of what I saw. Why would you hit someone with a shoe? That's just crazy!

So I got there a couple hours after the event started, got my pass and went ahead and shot Pretty Ricky, Day 26, V.I.C, Plies, and obviously Lil Wayne. Ok have to admit I dont listen to Rap, if I'm listening to Rap, odds are its being played on the top 40 station, so this is not my genre of expertise.

V.I.C. was a pretty good shoot though, he did this dance during get silly, and It's always nice when the rappers aren't eating their microphones, because it's hard to get a clear shot when they do. Lil Wayne was pretty good about not eating his mic as well. Plies was really bad about eating his microphone though.

Pretty Ricky came out grinding all over the floor which I wasn't attracted to but the females in the audience didn't mind. And for a band called Pretty Ricky, they aren't exactly pretty. It's an oxymoron I guess. Day 26 was exactly what you would expect them to be. A dancing R&B boy band. And you can call them an R&B group but I think it's the return of boy bands so that's what I'm calling them. Plus boy bands rip off their shirts and dance in formation so! They are the latest group formed from Diddy's Making the Band.

Anywho here are some of the shots from that show


Plies
Plies Plies Plies

V.I.C.
V.I.C. V.I.C. V.I.C. V.I.C.

Pretty Ricky
Pretty Ricky Pretty Ricky Pretty Ricky Pretty Ricky

Day 26
Day 26 Day 26 Day 26 Day 26

Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne Lil Wayne Lil Wayne Lil Wayne



Ok so I have a bunch of stuff to edit still and yes I'm a little behind on post but that's ok. I'm playing catch up right now obviously.

Rachel

No comments: