Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sara Bareilles


Sara Bareilles
Originally uploaded by rachelparker
So one of my favorite artist Sara Bareilles had an instore in Dallas at Good Records friday evening. She did the usual (Bottle it Up, Love Song, and Gravity) plus Fairytale. And I have to say I'm glad she's doing so well, but with success comes the hoards of fans. So now I feel like I kinda have to share with the world.

And yeah ok so maybe I was telling the world about her in 2006 when I first had heard of her because of course you want her to do well. But only a few of them of them listened back then. The catch 22 is only now when she is on VH1 and Top 40 radio do they care. So on another level that sucks. But yay for her doing well she deserves too.

I guess one funny thing about the in store was when she was introducing the song Gravity and the audience gasped. And you knew that 95 percent of the people there had never gotten to see her live before because they were so excited. Yeah I get excited when I get to see her but there's never been any gasping. When I saw her back in October I told her she was getting all famous and she was like noooo. And Friday she was like "It's gotten so crazy."

She will be on Ellen Wednesday and I know they were very excited to to be doing the show. So if you're home when it's on try and catch that. Sara is infectious and you will love her. I think I like her so much not just cause she's talented but she's not afraid to be or say goofy things likes "That's Radical." and then she reassured me that yes she just said radical. I guess she's been watching ninja turtles or something.

Some pictures!
Sara Bareilles Sara Bareilles Sara Bareilles
Sara Bareilles Sara BareillesSara Bareilles

Alrighty! So that is it for now. I'm going to see the Kelly/Reba Tour Saturday in Bossier City. Should be fun! Hopefully I will have some pics I can post and I will definitely blog about it!

Later
Rachel

1 comment:

Lynnie said...

Hey look, it's the tiny record store you took me too while I was there! Yay! Good vinyl right there, people!

Jealous that you saw Sara. I love her. She needs to pimp herself out over here in Australia! Nice photos!